1. The Information We Collect
We collect two types of information. The first type is information that identifies an individual (called “personal information”). The second type is information that does not identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify, an individual (called “anonymous information”). We collect the following particular personal and anonymous information during your use of the Website:
- Your email address when you sign-up for email communications.
- Information you provide to us when you contact us through the Website.
- Information you provide to us, such as through completion of a web form on the Website.
- Information necessary to perform e-commerce transactions, such as billing and shipping name and contact info (phone, email), shipping and billing addresses, and payment information (e.g. credit card or debit card information).
- Information we obtain from a third party, such as a site or platform provider, about use of the Website on third-party platforms or devices.
- Location information, including location information provided by a mobile or other device interacting with our Website (including through beacon technologies), or associated with your IP address or other online or device identifier.
- Activity information about your use of our Website, such as the content you view, how often you visit our Website, and your preferences.
- Usage, viewing, technical, and device data when you use the Website. This information may be collected through the use of “cookies” or other technologies that automatically collect information while you are visiting our Website.
The Website is not intended for children under the age of thirteen. Quintessence does not knowingly collect or solicit any personal information from anyone under the age of thirteen or knowingly allow such persons to use the Website. If you are under thirteen please do not attempt to send us any personal information. If you have reason to believe that we have collected any personal information from someone under thirteen years of age, please have the child’s parent or guardian contact us as directed in Section 8.
2. How We Collect Your Information
- We collect information from you two ways – information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us (such as when you submit a web form) and information that we collect automatically, such as through certain technology we use on our Website. These methods are described more fully below:
- We collect information when you voluntarily provide it to us such as when you contact us or purchase a product on the Website.
- We collect information using analytics tools, including when you visit our Website, including cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. Please refer to the following to read more about how WordPress and WooCommerce (vendors that we use to provide to you our Website) utilize cookies: https://wordpress.org/support/article/cookies/ and https://woocommerce.com/document/woocommerce-cookies/.
You are not required to submit personal information to us in order to access or use the Website.
3. How We Use Your Information
Consistent with applicable law and any applicable choices and controls that may be available to you, we may use information collected from you, or from devices associated with you, to:
- Provide you with the Website and the functions and services you request, view, or engage with;
- Communicate with you and send you information or request feedback about features on our Website or changes to our policies;
- Send you offers and promotions for our products and services or third-party products and services;
- Personalize content and experiences;
- Operate, understand, optimize, develop, or improve our Website, products, services, and operations, including by using survey research and analytics tools; and
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies, pose safety issues, or be fraudulent or illegal.
4. How We Share Your Information
We may share anonymous information in accordance with our practices. We will not share your personal information with another entity except in limited circumstances, including:
- When you allow or direct us to share your personal information with another person or company;
- Please note that once we share your personal information with another company in the above circumstances, the information received by the other company is controlled by that company and becomes subject to the other company’s privacy practices.
- When you purchase a product through our Website, we will share your information to third parties for fulfillment of the order, including to our payment processor, the producer of the product, and shipping services.
- When companies perform services on our behalf; and
5. Third Party Sites
6. Security and Retention of Your Information
The security of your information is important to us. We have implemented commercially reasonable security measures that are designed to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and modification. We regularly review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware that, despite our efforts, no measures are perfect or 100% secure.
7. Updates and Changes
8. Contact Us